the Caroline County Sheriff’s Department
offices of the Caroline County Sheriff's Department are housed within the Caroline County Correctional Facility. The original
building (Center Portion) was constructed in 1906. Total capacity at this time was 24.
1938 Sheriff William E. Andrew was elected and served for 23 years until his death in 1961. His son Louis Andrew completed
his fathers term and was officially elected as Sheriff in the next election. When Sheriff Louis Andrew began his term he had
only one deputy. During these times the Sheriff and his family resided at the jail. There were no guards employed in the jail
facility. During his 34 years as Sheriff his force grew to 17 deputies.
1982 the east wing was erected creating 15 correctional officer positions. In 1996 the west wing was erected creating 11 more
correctional officer positions. These additions increased inmate capacity to 142. Charles L. Andrew is the Superintendent
of the Corrections Department, he currently employs 27 correctional officers.
Philip L. Brown began his term in January of 1995 at which time the Corrections Department and the Sheriffs Department became
two separate entities. Our department currently employs 1 Chief Deputy, 7 Sergeants, 14 Deputies, 2 Process Servers and 3